Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Letting Go - What does that mean for me today?

I found that the diagnosis, (medical validation that I was not crazy) made a huge difference in that I was able to LET GO of some of the stress that I was carrying, in that, despite knowing that I was not "faking" or "crazy" - you can't help but start to question yourself at some point after a while. 

BUT, the diagnosis let me breathe a sigh of relief...and as we all know, the less stress the better! I was still confronted with people who didn't get it and didn't want to get it. However, it was easier for me to cope with that when I had answers. Don't get me wrong, it still stung when people ignored what I was going through. It still does today. 

Sadly, it does define friendships, but as I carry on in life, I'm learning where and to whom I should expend my limited and precious energy. Some people have made that choice for me, and I just have to LET GO. 

LETTING GO is a constant lesson for me, but here's what I've learned / am learning about LETTING GO:


LETTING GO of the things that I can't control = less stress.
Less stress = less pain.
Less pain = better days.
Better days = quality of life.
Quality of life = happiness.
Happiness = everything.

2 comments: